2017 New York Athletic Club Summer Racing Program
Attendance to the NYAC summer program is on an invitation only basis. Rowers meeting the prerequisites are encouraged to apply by click here.
The formal program will start with a team meeting on or around Thursday, June 8th, and run through USRowing Club Nationals July 12th- 16th. Successful athletes will be invited to continue racing by attending the Royal Canadian Henley, continuing their program through August 13th. If accepted into the program, athletes can begin training informally with the team as soon as their collegiate seasons end at no additional cost.
- Minimum one year collegiate racing experience for rowers, minimum two years collegiate racing experience for coxswains
- Men's 2k erg score standard: Heavyweight 6:20; Lightweight 6:38
- Women's 2k erg score standard: Open 7:24; Lightweight 7:44
The NYAC boat house is located at the Club’s Travers Island facility off of Shore Road in Pelham, New York.
TENTATIVE RACING SCHEDULE:
|June 30th to July 2nd
||Independence Day Regatta, Philadelphia, PA
|July 12th to July 16th
||USRowing Club Nationals, Bethel, OH
|August 6th to August 13th
||Royal Canadian Henley Regatta, St. Catharines, ON
*Attendance at any/all trials events including the U23 and Senior World Championships will be made by the coaching staff based on athlete performance and demonstrated potential for success. Similarly, not all athletes will be invited to attend Canadian Henley.
The 2017 summer racing fee will be $400 per athlete, to be paid in full before the first regatta. Limited grants and financial aid are available upon application.
WHAT ATHLETES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Housing in the NYC area and meals for the duration of the season
- Program fee to cover the cost of coaching, gas, entry fees, rooms at select races and equipment transportation expenses
- All travel to and from regattas and practices
- Overnight accommodations in Philadelphia for Independence Day Regatta (if necessary)
- USRowing membership (required for competition at Independence Day Regatta and Nationals)
WHAT THE PROGRAM PAYS FOR:
- Hotel accommodations at Club Nationals and Canadian Henley
- All entry fees
- Transportation of equipment to all regattas
- Racing jersey
- Annual Athletes' Red and White Reception