The New York Athletic Club soccer teams participate in the following leagues and tournaments. The schedules are posted under the Schedules and Results Link. We encourage you to come out and see our athletes in action.
The National Premier Soccer league (NPSL) is a Men's highly competitive soccer league with teams all across the United States. In 2011, the NPSL has become truly a national league with the addition of a Southeastern region. Each team plays a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 16 regular season games. The teams are comprised of players who play at the highest levels of soccer available to men. The NPSL league is sanctioned by the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) as an affiliate of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), the ruling body for soccer in the United States and FIFA the world's ruling body for soccer.
The NPSL operates and is managed as a team run league. This highly competitive men's league helps all the teams gains access to elite players to fill their team roster, including but not limited to National Team, former and current University and College, foreign, amateur, former professional and youth players.
The league prides itself on Integrity, Success and Longevity and has established the following goals:
- Provide the highest level of Men's soccer and strive to continuously raise the overall standard of play
- Pursue every avenue of promotion, advertising and community involvement to create public awareness and interest in the NPSL
- Ensure that all teams enter the league with and maintain financial stability
The New York Athletic Club plays in the Northeast division of the NPSL in the Atlantic Conference. League games are in the NY metro area, southern New Jersey, Boston and New Hampshire. Home games are played at Travers Island field.
The Women's Premier Soccer league is an independent national league whose main focus is on the development of highly competitive amateur women's soccer teams. The WPSL also makes every effort to bring quality soccer to all levels of the community and to promote the stature of female athletes as role models for our youth.
The WPSL is sanctioned by the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) as an affiliate of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), the ruling body of soccer in the United States and FIFA the world's ruling body for soccer.
The WPSL Mission Statement:
- Promotion and development of independent women's soccer at the highest level
- Provide a playing opportunity for the elite women soccer players to play at the highest level
- All are dedicated to the success of the league as a whole as well as to their own success, recognizing that they cannot long succeed individually without the league succeeding
- Make every effort to bring quality soccer to all levels of the community and to youth programs
- Promotion of stature of female athlete as role models for youth
The New York Athletic Club plays in the East Division of the WPSl. League games are in the New York metro area, southern New Jersey, and Connecticut. Home games are played at Travers Island field.
The New York Athletic Club Men's and Women's soccer teams participate in the USASA National Cup Competition. In both 2007 and 2010, the women's team brought home The Cup to the NYAC. You can view the cups in the 6th floor trophy case at the City House.
The National Cups Competition is the oldest and most prestigious soccer tournament in the United States. For anyone who is a member of a team playing in a league of four or more teams affiliated with the United States Soccer Federation and the United States Adult Soccer Association. The competition began in 1914 for the Men's Open Cup. In 1923, the Men's Amateur Cup was added. In 1980 the Women's Amateur and over 30 cups were started.
About the USASA
The United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) is the premier national soccer organization dedicated to participation in, enjoyment and growth of adult soccer across America. We are recognized for providing leadership and valued programs, resources and services to support our member organizations, making "Soccer - your game for life".
The mission of the USASA is guided by shared values of transparency, inclusiveness, integrity, diversity and tradition. As a member of the US Soccer family, USASA's mission is:
- Administer, develop, and promote participation in adult soccer within the United States through a safe and positive playing experience at all levels.
- Identify, model and facilitate adoption of governance and administrative best practices for member organizations.
- Promote the vision and all activities of the USASA and its member organizations to make soccer your game for life.
- Assist member organizations and local communities in developing, improving and securing quality soccer fields and facilities
- Provide competitions and programs that encourage participation and growth of member organizations
- Promote quality and consistency in education, training and certification of referees, coaches, and administrators
- Develop, strengthen and promote a unified soccer community
Few leagues in the United States can boast of a richer tradition or more illustrious past than the East Coast's Cosmopolitan Soccer League. Established in 1923, the league is one of the oldest continually run soccer leagues in the US. The league has a rich history, starting in the the 1920's with only five teams. Today the league consists of over 100 Men's teams throughout the New York metropolitan area. With four distinct divisions, and relegation and promotion between the divisions, the league ensures that the level of completion is at its highest possible.
The New York Athletic Club is in the highest division in the league, the First Division. The team plays in this league year round in preparation for our NPSL season.
The information above is credited to the respective leagues.