The formal program runs from Saturday, June 7th through July 20th, the end of U.S. Rowing Club Nationals. Selected athletes will be invited to continue competing and attend the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in early August. Accepted athletes can begin training informally with the team as soon as their collegiate seasons end at no additional cost.
- Minimum one year collegiate racing experience for rowers, minimum two years collegiate racing experience for coxswains
- Men's 2k erg score minimums: Open 6:24, Lightweight 6:40
- Women's 2k erg score minimums: Open 7:24, Lightweight 7:45
The NYAC boat house is located at the Club’s Travers Island facility in Pelham, New York.
TENTATIVE RACING SCHEDULE:
July, 4th to July, 6th: Independence Day Regatta, Philadelphia, PA
July 16th to July 20th: U.S. Rowing Club Nationals, Oak Ridge, TN
August 3rd to August 10th: Canadian Henley Regatta, St. Catharines, ON*
*The decision to attend Canadian Henley, as well as any/all trial event, including U23 and Senior World Championships, will be made by the coaching staff based on athlete performance and demonstrated potential for success.
PROGRAM FEE: Upon acceptance to the program you will be expected to pay a nominal fee. Fee payment schedule can be negotiated at the discretion of the Chairman and/or Head Coach.
WHAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Housing and meals for the duration of the season.
- Small program fee to cover the cost of coaching, gas, entry fees, rooms at select races and equipment transportation expenses.
- All travel to and from regattas and practice
- Overnight accommodations in Philadelphia for Independence Day Regatta (only if necessary)
- Meals while at races
- U.S. Rowing membership (required for competition at Independence Day Regatta and Nationals)
WHAT THE PROGRAM COVERS:
- Hotel accommodations at Club Nationals and Canadian Henley
- All entry fees
- Transportation of equipment to all regattas
- Racing jersey