As a member of the summer racing program for the New York Athletic Club, you are an invited guest of the Head Coach and Rowing Committee Chairman. Invitations will be sent on a rolling basis throughout the spring and early summer.
All invitations are contingent on the completion of a 2k ergometer test within the first week of the program.
Formal program runs from Monday June 3rd to Sunday August 11th.
If accepted into the program athletes can begin training informally with the team as soon as their collegiate seasons end at no additional fee.
- Minimum one year collegiate racing experience for rowers, minimum two years collegiate racing experience for coxswains
- Men's 2k erg score minimums Open 6:25; Lightweight 6:40
- Women's 2k erg score minimums Open 7:20; Lightweight 7:45
Click here to fill out an application for the Program.
The NYAC boat house is located on Travers Island in Pelham, New York. For directions, enter "Travers Island, New Rochelle, NY" in Mapquest. Or see the Directions page on this web site.
PROGRAM FEE: Upon acceptance to the program you will be expected to pay a nominal fee. Fee payment schedule can be negotiated at the discretion of the Chairman and/or Head Coach.
Monday, June 3rd: 6:30pm at the Travers Island Boat House.
- Women: 5:30am Tuesday - Friday, Saturday & Sunday at either 8am or 8:30am, Monday: OFF
- Men: 6:30pm Monday - Thursday, Saturday & Sunday at either 8am or 8:30am, Friday: OFF
- Athletes have use of the training facility during the training hours of both programs.
- Athletes may use specified shells only when it does not conflict with the plans of the program practicing at that time (e.g. If you want to take a 2x out at 6:30pm, you have to check with the men's coach first).
- Club singles are available for use, but you must have the approval of YOUR program coach.
TENTATIVE RACING SCHEDULE
26-Jun to 28-Jun Elite Nationals, West Windsor, NJ (select athletes only)
5-Jul to 7-Jul Independence Day Regatta, Philadelphia, PA
10-Jul to 14-Jul Club Nationals, Camden, NJ
6-Aug to 11-Aug Canadian Henley Regatta, St. Catharines, ON
Please note: The decision to attend any/all trial events including u23, Pan Am and World Championships will be made by the coaching staff based on athlete performance and demonstrated potential for success.
WHAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Housing and meals for the duration of the season.
- Small program fee to cover the cost of coaching, gas, entry fees, rooms at select races and equipment transportation expenses.
- All travel to and from regattas and practice
- Overnight accommodations in Philadelphia for Independence Day Regatta (only if necessary)
- Meals while at races
- US Rowing membership (required for competition at Independence Day Regatta and Nationals)
WHAT THE PROGRAM COVERS
- A significant portion of hotel accomodations at Club Nationals and Canadian Henley
- All entry fees
- Transportation of equipment to all regattas
- Racing jersey